Saturday, September 20, 2008

I can not believe it....

My baby is two. And he knows it... if you say, "How old are you, Zack?", he will answer "TWO!" or something that sounds very close to it. He is growing so incredibly fast, in personality, spirit and body, and it gives me such joy to see the person he is becoming. This morning, his Uncle Jake and Aunt Mandy came over to deliver the sand for his "Sandcastle Birthday Extravaganza" to make a huge (and I do mean HUGE) sandpile in the backyard. Zack and Jake had to drive around in search of a random wheelbarrow at a jobsite in Woodland Creek, and finally found one to aid them in the depositing of the sand. When they finished creating the pile, we unleashed Zack on it and he acted like someone had given him GOLD... I gave him a few of the sand toys I got for the party to test drive, and he had a BLAST. I love that he isn't afraid to try new things and has enough confidence to play alone, but that he loves the company of others so much that he will demand you play with him, which of course, I wound up doing.
Aunt Mandy and little Zack and Benjamin and I all went to Wal-Mart in search of paint pens, so Mandy could label all of the buckets for the children that will be attending the party. She did an INCREDIBLE job on them.... they look like something you would pay to have personalized... I guess if she ever gets tired of being a nurse, she always has that to fall back on! :) Today will be spent finishing the preparations for the party.... which means cleaning the house.... YUCK!!
Last night, we took the boys to the Catholic High football game, where Dadoo is the press box announcer. Ben and Zack had a BLAST and were anxious to meet and hug everyone they came into contact with. They both thought the pressbox was totally cool, and Zack tried to break away and run down the field a few times....maybe he WILL be an athlete when he is older! Zack loved the music of the band, and we had to fight him from trying to join them as they marched into the bleachers. Little Ben also had fun, but was so worn out that he passed out in the car on the way home (well, it WAS his bedtime). I can't wait to take them to their next game!!

1 comment:

Tracy Williford said...

McAzar
It is so nice to know what you are doing these days! I cant beleive yall have been married for 3 1/2 years!! TJ and I are having our one year anniversary in two weeks. Crazy. Anywho, call me and lets catch up!